Notarizing Travel Permission Letter for Minors

May 13, 2014

Summer is a popular time for vacation and other travel plans. If your children are going to be travelling without both parents out of the country be sure to check on travel requirements. Notarizing Travel Permission Letter for Minors can cause a lot of parents to have a last minute panic or even result in not being able to allow their children to travel.

Mexico is one place that requires Notarizing Travel Permission Letter for Minors. So if your child is going on a cruise stopping in Mexico it is REQUIRED that to have a notarized permission letter. Some places require this letter if only one parent is going so be sure to read requirements.

Mexico law requires that any non-Mexican citizen under the age of 18 departing Mexico must carry notarized written permission from any parent or guardian not traveling with the child to or from Mexico. This permission must include the name of the parent, the name of the child, the name of anyone traveling with the child, and the notarized signature(s) of the absent parent(s). The State Department recommends that the permission should include travel dates, destinations, airlines and a brief summary of the circumstances surrounding the travel. The child must be carrying the original letter—not a facsimile or scanned copy—as well as proof of the parent/child relationship (usually a birth certificate or court document) and an original custody decree, if applicable.
There are several sites where you can purchase the necessary travel forms for a fee, and others that let you download or print free:


We’ve helped many parents in desperate needs to get their travel form notarized at the LAST minute. So be sure to check out what’s needed before you kids travel this summer. And if you are in need of a reliable notary contact A Notary On the Go Clearwater notary and Tallahassee notary…We’d be able to notarize the document for you day, night or weekends!